Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My Three Possible Topics

One of my topic relating to media is reality television, it can be degrading to the point were it can ruin’s peoples lives. En example of this is the Gosselin family. They being on national television caused stress in their lives to the point where they ended up divorcing each other. Now their broken up family fight over money and custody of their eight children. It is very stressful to be on television 24/7, being watched, and judged because they were on reality television. Similar shows Wife Swap, Fear Factor, Survivor. I think recording people adds tension among people because of the involvement of cameras everywhere. There should be better regulations to prevent similar consequences from happening to another family or an individual person.

My second topic choice is news on media and problems with news media, giving inaccurate information, with hold information, and saying half truths. Recently fox news was scrutinized by the white house for disregarding the facts. Rahm Emanuel said “is not a news organization so much as it has a perspective." I also hear on media news channels discussing about the “swine flu pandemic”. I believe the situation is exaggerate, there is too much emphasis on getting the H1N1 vaccination when there aren’t many people who are becoming sick with the swine flu. The annual flu causes more deaths then the hyped swine flu. The news media are not perfect but should thrive to guide the public with unbiased, accurate information.

My final possible topic that I consider is that role models on television and in the media people embrace model to look up to are bad role models for people to follow because there actions doesn’t justify themselves worthy to be one. These role models such as Brittany Spears, Hannah Montana, Kanye west have a reputation of being socially inappropriate in the way they carry themselves in front of millions of people who follow their every word and action. The action of the role models could easily influence one of their followers to act the sane way. These role model rappers and singers who sing about sex drugs, and some times violence could influence their fans to do the same. As role models in media, famous people should consider every aspect of their lives could end up on the World Wide Web for their fan based followers to see.

4 comments:

  1. I like your second topic, I might do something similar to that. The media is more concerned with ratings than always telling the whole story or the truth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your third topic. I think it will be something different. I will be interested in hearing abot this topic. I want to know more how we consider good role models or bad role models from the media. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your second topic,i am considering it too.it is getting difficult to separate facts from fiction in the news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI,

    i like your thrid topic. I think you would have alot to write about if you chose the role models on T.V because that is an issue today.

    ReplyDelete